Exciting opportunity with MCRS!
We are currently seeking a President. If you are interested in this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
President Role Summary
The President will work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to ensure that MCRS’s fiscal, fundraising, public relations, volunteer development and program implementation are working to further the mission and vision of the organization. This role will typically require a 10 hour a week time commitment.
- Serve as chief executive officer of the corporation and have general active management of the corporation
- Preside at all meetings of the board (The Board meets on a quarterly basis.)
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction within MCRS, and ensure the continued development and management of the organization to implement our mission and vision
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the financial, programmatic, and impact performance of MCRS
- Ensure that the flow of funds permits MCRS to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential
- Work with the Board of Directors and volunteers to formulate and execute comprehensive marketing
- and development strategies that will enhance revenue from major donors, foundations and corporations
- See that all orders and resolutions of the Board are carried into effect
- Support and motivate the organization’s volunteers and staff
- Strengthen and grow internal communications across different volunteer groups
- Oversee the financial status of MCRS, including monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place in partnership with the Treasurer
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop long and short range financial plans and set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the mission and vision
- At least two years of nonprofit experience
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a variety of volunteers, adopters and funders
- Fundraising and fiscal oversight experience