Thank you for interest in becoming a foster parent for the Minnesota Companion Rabbit Society (MCRS). The foster program is an essential part of our mission. Without our dedicated foster families we wouldn’t be able to help the many rabbits we do each year. MCRS works with shelters to take ‘overflow’ and special needs rabbits that are not doing well in shelters. Often, all these rabbits need is a less stressful environment, some one-on-one attention, or even just a little more time. Providing a foster home for one of these rabbits can be a very rewarding experience and literally saves a life.
MCRS will supply all the equipment you will need – cage, litterbox, food & hay. MCRS also covers any medical expenses for foster rabbits. Your only out-of-pocket expense is for the fresh greens & veggies you feed your foster rabbit – and even that is a tax-deductible donation!
All you need is:
* a space in your home for a cage & some play space for the rabbit
* an hour or so daily to provide socialization and care
* a willingness to learn about the proper care of rabbits.
* convenient access to email is strongly preferred.
* Ability to transport rabbit to periodic adoption events is preferred, but not required.
All new foster homes are offered our free Bunny Basics class. These classes cover a wide-range of bunny related topics and are presented at two locations across the metro area.